Location: Hull / Hybrid
Salary: £30000-£35000 pa plus Flexible Working, Every other Friday off and more great benefits
What will you be doing?
As a Back-End Developer within our Product Development team at Summit, you will be responsible for the back end development of our market-leading, proprietary technology solutions for retailers.
As specialists in online retailing, we’ve been using technology to drive better decision making and performance for leading retail brands since 2014 across our suite of products under the Productcaster brand that delivers record-breaking performance across our client's campaigns.
As a Back-End Developer at Summit, you will maintain and develop new features on our existing technology stack. You’ll work with other members of the development team as well as product owners, client teams and specialists where appropriate.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Define and implement new back-end solutions
- Define, implement and maintain hosting solutions
- Review, analyse and refactor existing code and identify areas of improvement without adverse impact to performance or maintainability.
- Follow and improve the team processes around releasing, automated testing and code reviews
- Participate in application maintenance and support
- Testing and technical documentation
- Research into new technologies and plug-ins for new functionality.
Summiteers are asked to attend our office in the C4DI complex in Hull, Fruit Market 2 days per week, the rest of the week can be done from home. For the right candidate, we may also consider greater flexibility around office time.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be someone that demonstrates a passion for what they do, staying up to date with the latest technology and tools. You’ll be an active member of the team, sharing your ideas and building on the ideas of others. You’ll need to be motivated, self-disciplined and organised, enabling you to manage a busy workload.
As a team, we are working towards Microsoft Accreditation and a successful applicant will be encouraged to complete additional training towards this goal. Key skills and knowledge include:
- At least 3 years' experience in C# development
- At least 1 years' experience in in Azure hosting
- Experience with Docker is preferred, but not essential.
- Understanding of databases and data storage solutions is preferred but not essential. We utilise a range of tools for data storage, but mostly Azure SQL Server with EF Core.
- Time management and accurate time estimation skills are essential, along with managing expectations of delivery within the Scrum team.
- You’ll need to have a clear understanding of the principles of Scrum and how it is implemented in technology development.
- Have a good working knowledge of continuous integration, its role in development and its implementation.
- Good communication skills across a range of personalities and job roles, from working within the development team to managing internal client teams and stakeholders.
- You’ll be willing to further develop your skills via in-team coaching, business-wide training and external providers.
Who are we?
Summit is a Changemaker in performance marketing and online retailing. For 22 years, we have worked with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to transform their online business, growing their customer base and making them more money from retailing online.
We pride ourselves on our retail experience, business agility, genuine people and our proprietary technology, combining all of these with our performance marketing expertise to drive measurable value for our clients.
At Summit, we’re friendly, professional, and focused around our people. We look for candidates that embody our core values and strive for greatness. If that’s you, we can offer you progression opportunities within an established performance marketing agency where you’ll always be encouraged to think big.
What can we offer you?
As a reward for your time and dedication, we will offer you a competitive salary as well as a range of benefits including:
Flexible working: From flexible start and finish times, to having every other Friday off*. We trust our people to work flexibly around their lifestyle and family arrangements.
Up to 29 days' holiday per year (plus bank holidays): Our employees start with 25 days' holiday per year, increasing to up to 29 days with long service. You would also have the opportunity to purchase additional holidays with our holiday purchase scheme.
Milestone days off: Whether it’s your birthday, you’re getting married, or it’s your child's first day at school, we want you to take the time off work to enjoy these special moments.
£250 per year ‘experience for life’: Up to £250 a year to spend on pursuing a dream or to take part in an activity that leads to greater personal development.
Discounts and benefits: Our rewards platform gives you access to discounts and offers on over 1000 retailers. From your weekly shop to a one-in-a-lifetime holiday, there will be a discount to suit your needs.
Bupa health cash plan: We understand that everyday healthcare costs can quickly add up. We offer a cash plan through Bupa to claim back those costs such as a prescription or trip to the dentist.
Bonus scheme: When Summit do well, we want our teams to reap the rewards so we have an annual bonus scheme based on company profits.
Life assurance: Your family matters to us, in the event that something terrible happened, we want to make sure they are looked after.
Religious holiday swaps: As some of our UK bank holidays are traditionally based around Christian events, we want to ensure we’re being inclusive and letting people celebrate religious holidays that matter to them.
If you require any reasonable adjustments such as access or information in an alternative format, please inform us soon as you are able so that we can make the appropriate adjustments.
If this isn't the right role for you, check out our careers page and apply to our talent pool if nothing jumps out at you. We'd love to hear from you!
additional keywords: back end, developer, C# development, azure, IT, software