Head of SEO
Head of SEO, East Yorkshire & Remote
Competitive Salary+ Benefits
We think differently. We inspire people to reach their full potential. We are passionate about helping our clients transform their business opportunity online by too thinking and acting differently. Join our awarding-winning Client Management team and make an impact as an SEO Strategist, ultimately owning the technical SEO proposition for Summit.
About the Role
You'll be developing and supporting in the delivery of SEO across Summit clients, providing the wider delivery team members with training, best practice knowledge and guidance. A key client facing role developing best in class SEO strategies and upselling to existing clients and contributing to pitches for new clients. Some of the ways you'll contribute to the team is by:
- Measuring revenue and financial impact of technical SEO activities, setting strategic initiatives that will drive positive impact to our P&L
- Assisting the Senior Client Managers in developing relationships with technical SEO partners and understand how and when to use SEO tools
- Ensuring best practice training materials and process documents are in place
- Staying up to date with industry trends and SEO best practice, identifying strategies that are applicable to our clients, and reviewing existing processes and BAU activities in line with industry, client and business requirements
- Staying up to date with algorithm changes, communicating to teams/clients about how to manage any impact
- Supporting on quotations for technical SEO activities, both external and internal requests
- Helping to define the appropriate KPIs and measurement tactics to report on technical SEO efforts, supporting the team to monitor ongoing performance
- Creating and/or contributing to client facing presentations which help the teams pitch, train or report on client strategies.
This challenging and rewarding permanent role involves flexible working and initially will be based remotely from home due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions. There will be a return to the office in 2021 where working will then be split between the offices in Hull and remotely. Summit's teams are based in East Yorkshire and Central London (Soho), with strategic partners in Europe.
With strong technical SEO knowledge and a minimum of 3 years+ working in a technical SEO management position, you'll be data-driven with innate curiosity and proven experience delivering innovative business strategies that drive growth. Together with:
- Experience using a suite of core SEO performance and analysis tools such as (or similar to): Linkdex, Sitebulb, Screaming Frog, etc
- Experience managing end to end site migrations and new site launches
- Tracking and reporting experience with analytics packages such as GA or Adobe
- A strong working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- A track record of analysing performance issues and opportunities, including implementation of recommendations
- Experience feeding back on colleague's work as well as advising them on strategic direction
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build and nurture relationships, both with internal stakeholders and clients.
- Promotes learning and development, both for the delivery team and for themselves.
- Is comfortable in both the ‘thinking’ and ‘doing’ aspects of the role, able to step in and help deliver work for other teams when required
- Flexibility and able to travel regularly to the office in Hull (Once offices open).
About the Benefits
Our culture is friendly, professional, entrepreneurial and focused around our people. At the heart of our business are our core values, which we regard as fundamental to our way of working. We believe in Passion, Honesty, Kindness, Teamwork and Learning while having fun!
A competitive base salary is on offer plus opportunities for progression within an established online-retailing specialist, with the added backing of our parent company TCC Global, a hugely successful and internationally recognised leader in loyalty marketing. Benefits include:
- Work place pension
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share
- Flexible working
- Health care cash plan
- £250 per year toward an 'Experience for life'
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off every year.
Successful candidates must have and be able to evidence their right to work in the UK. No speculative agency CVs please.
Summit is a Changemaker in online retailing. For 19 years we have worked with some of Europe’s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to make more money online. A team of around 80 strong now, our purpose is simple and commercial: to make it more likely that people buy from our clients than anyone else.