Location: Hull / Hybrid
Salary: £19500-£22000 DOE + Flexible Working, *Every other Friday off and Excellent Benefits
Are you ready to join the changemakers in performance marketing? Summit is a leading digital marketing agency who specialise in online retailing and have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Developer to join their team on a hybrid basis (2 days office based located in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire).
What will you be doing?
As a .NET Developer within our Product Development team at Summit, you will be responsible for the back end development of our market-leading, proprietary technology solutions for retailers.
As specialists in online retailing, we’ve been using technology to drive better decision making and performance for leading retail brands since 2014 across our suite of products under the Productcaster brand that delivers record-breaking performance across our client's campaigns.
As a Back-End Developer at Summit, you will maintain and develop new features on our existing technology stack. You’ll work with other members of the development team as well as product owners, client teams and specialists where appropriate.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Define and implement new back-end solutions
- Review, analyse and refactor existing code and identify areas of improvement without adverse impact to performance or maintainability.
- Follow and improve the team processes around releasing, automated testing and code reviews
- Participate in application maintenance and support
- Testing and technical documentation
- Research into new technologies and plug-ins for new functionality.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be someone that demonstrates a passion for what they do, staying up to date with the latest technology and tools. You’ll be an active member of the team, sharing your ideas and building on the ideas of others. You’ll need to be motivated, self-disciplined and organised, enabling you to manage a busy workload.
Key skills and knowledge include:
- At least a 2:1 degree
- Experience in C# development is preferred, but experience in other .NET technologies would also be considered.
- General understanding of Microsoft Azure.
- Understanding of databases and data storage solutions is preferred but not essential. We utilise a range of tools for data storage, but mostly Azure SQL Server with EF Core.
- Time management and accurate time estimation skills are essential.
- General understanding of devops.
- Good communication skills across a range of personalities and job roles, from working within the development team to managing internal client teams and stakeholders.
- You’ll be willing to further develop your skills via in-team coaching, business-wide training and external providers.
As a reward for your time and dedication, we will offer you a competitive salary starting salary of £19500-£22000 per annum as well as a range of benefits including:
Flexible working: From flexible start and finish times, to having every other Friday off*. We trust our people to work flexibly around their lifestyle and family arrangements.
Up to 29 days' holiday per year (plus bank holidays): Our employees start with 25 days' holiday per year, increasing to up to 29 days with long service. You would also have the opportunity to purchase additional holidays with our holiday purchase scheme.
Milestone days off: Whether it’s your birthday, you’re getting married, or it’s your child's first day at school, we want you to take the time off work to enjoy these special moments.
£250 per year ‘experience for life’: Up to £250 a year to spend on pursuing a dream or to take part in an activity that leads to greater personal development.
Discounts and benefits: Our rewards platform gives you access to discounts and offers on over 1000 retailers. From your weekly shop to a one-in-a-lifetime holiday, there will be a discount to suit your needs.
Bupa health cash plan: We understand that everyday healthcare costs can quickly add up. We offer a cash plan through Bupa to claim back those costs such as a prescription or trip to the dentist.
Bonus scheme: When Summit do well, we want our teams to reap the rewards, so we have an annual bonus scheme based on company profits.
Life assurance: Your family matters to us, if something terrible happened, we want to make sure they are looked after.
Religious holiday swaps: As some of our UK bank holidays are traditionally based around Christian events, we want to ensure we’re being inclusive and letting people celebrate religious holidays that matter to them.
If this isn't the right role for you, check out our careers page and apply to our talent pool if nothing jumps out at you. We'd love to hear from you!